CVSA North American Roadside Inspection
View Course Schedule
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Avoid costly violations of safety rules
- Prevent vehicle downtime
- Ensure drivers are not put “Out-of- Service”
- Reduce the potential for crashes due to equipment failure
- Detect a vehicle's safety-related defects or violations before it enters a highway.
- Earn a CVSA decal, which generally exempts a vehicle from further roadside inspections for three months
The North American Roadside Inspection Familiarization seminar helps the commercial vehicle industry learn how to make sure their drivers and vehicles pass a CVSA Critical Item Inspection and earn a CVSA decal.
What You’ll Learn:
The Inspection Familiarization Seminar teaches the different levels of truck and motorcoach inspections, the inspecting officer's Critical Item Checklist and the North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria.
Hands-on Field Exercise:
The seminar concludes with a practical, hands-on walk-around inspection.
Benefits to Your Company:
CVSA roadside inspection criteria focus on minimum critical safety items determined common causal factors in heavy commercial vehicle crashes.
Drivers or vehicles not meeting the criteria may be taken "out of service" and prevented from continuing to operate until the out of service condition is corrected.
Vehicles meeting the criteria at the time of inspection are issued a CVSA decal, which generally exempts the vehicle from further roadside inspections for three months in all CVSA member jurisdictions.
Keep your vehicles rolling – register now!